- Sisters – Rosemary Clooney
- Sisters and Brothers – Cast of Sofia the First
- Sisters & Brothers – Sidewalk Prophets
- Frozen Heart – Frozen Soundtrack
- Stone Cold – Demi Lovato
- Frozen – Madonna
- Cold As Ice – Foreigner
- Colder Weather – Zac Brown Band
- A Narnia Lullaby – Global Stage Orchestra
- Winter Light – Tim Finn
- Coldest Winter – Pentatonix
- Frozen – PON CHO, Paige IV
- Cold Water – Major Lazer, MØ, Justin Beiber
- In Like a Lion (Always Winter) – Reliant K
- Do You Wanna Build a Snowman? – Frozen Soundtrack
- Frosty the Snowman – Michael Bublé, Puppini Sisters
- For the First Time in Forever – Frozen Soundtrack
- For the First Time in Forever (Reprise) – Frozen Soundtrack
- Love is an Open Door – Frozen Soundtrack
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
- In Summer – Josh Gad
- In the Summertime – Mungo Jerry
- Summer of ’69 – Bryan Adams
- Summerland – Florida Georgia Line
- A Little More Summertime – Jason Aldean
- Summer Wind – Frank Sinatra
- Summer Nights – Grease Soundtrack
- All Summer Long – Kid Rock
- Summer Nights – Iration
- Summer Nights – Tiësto, John Legend
- Summer Nights – Rascal Flatts
- Long Hot Summer – Keith Urban
- Summertime Romance – Johnnyswim
- Melt My Heart to Stone – Adele
- Melt – JONES
- Let it Go – Idina Menzel
- Breakaway – Kelly Clarkson
- Break Free – Ariana Grande
- Freedom – Soulive, Corey Glover
- Breaking Free – High School Musical Soundtrack
- Let It Go – Demi Lovato
- Viva La Vida – Coldplay
Have of the Elsa Week movie list is ice cold, the other half is filled with the warmth of sisterhood. Enjoy!
Let’s start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. Frozen is the story of two sisters…best friends, really. Who are ripped apart by poor parenting, sorry to speak ill of the dead. But when Elsa’s powers become too powerful and she injures little sister Anna, their parents take them to see the mysterious and unexplained rock trolls who hold all the secrets to Elsa’s powers without ever actually giving explanations. So Elsa is made to feel ashamed of her gifts and is told to conceal and not to feel (bad advice for a super powered little girl, if we’re honest!) Years later, Elsa’s powers manifest at her Queenly coronation after years of seclusion. Is it any wonder that basically being a recluse wouldn’t lead to extraordinary people skills? Don’t worry, it has a happy ending, you just have to cry a lot to get there. “Do you wanna build a snowman?”
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Speaking of frozen tundras, let’s look to Narnia. That magical land that can be found in a wardrobe. I’m specifically putting Lion, Witch and Wardrobe on the list, as this is where the tale of Narnia begins, as far as the silver screen is concerned. After years of eternal winter, Lucy Pevensie makes her way into Narnia, after choosing a particularly deep wardrobe to hide in during a game of hide and seek with her siblings. Long story short, the Pevensie children all make their way to Narnia and break the curse of endless winter. There’s a lion and spiritual metaphors and it’s a beautiful story that pairs well with Frozen.
Rise of the Guardians
If you’ve never seen Rise of the Guardians, do yourself a favor and watch it. The Guardians are Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and the Sandman. When the world is threatened by Pitch Black, the Guardians will enlist Jack Frost to help put things back to right. Also a bonus reason to watch this movie, a lot of Elsa fans out there seriously ship her with Jack Frost and I really dig that ship. Watch the movie and judge for yourself if Jack would be a good match for the Queen of Frozen!
Ok, this one is off the beaten path of what’s on the list before it. A bonafide tragedy, Dr. Zhivago really only shares a world of ice in common with Frozen. But if we’re looking for things that give you that frosty air, this is a movie that will make you feel those Frozen vibes for sure!
White Christmas, a classic Irving Berlin flick that should be watched every Christmas. This movie features cold, white stuff and a pair of adorable singing sisters with a penchant for the occasional disagreement.
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Moving away from the snow and ice, we head towards those sister vibes with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The story of 4 best friends going through life together. As life events pop up for each of them, they fight like hell to keep the bonds of friendship and sisterhood alive by sharing a pair of pants that magically fit them all perfectly. And discover that even without the pants, their bond stands the test of time!
This is an adorable little Disney Channel original movie starring Rowan Blanchard from the ill fated Girl Meets World. When Molly, Cleo’s way more popular older sister, turns invisible after a science experiment goes awry, Cleo starts to have more of an appreciation for her sister. And Molly sees her sister after years of overlooking her. It’s about sisters and it’s adorable!
One of the most classic tales of sisterhood in all of literature, I present Little Woman for the list. Yes, there’s tragedy (looking at you, Beth.) But that’s sort of a theme for a lot of the entries on this list. Chalk it up to the Disney effect (looking at you, parents of Elsa and Anna!)
Leave a Reply