Paid Partnership with Jax Historic Realty
Lately, I have felt a bit off kilter. After eating so well and losing weight and working out regularly, I feel the difference more acutely when I don’t do the best things for my body. I feel it in my bones and I don’t like the feeling.
The strangest things can take a toll on us. Things we don’t attribute to health issues. But the mind and the body are so closely linked! And if we don’t take care of our minds, our bodies can often feel the result acutely. It swear! It’s a real thing and sometimes it’s not easy to track how something like that will affect you.
Sometimes things come along that DO effect us overtly. The big and little hurricanes of life hit us and all thoughts of routine go right out the window. No eating healthy, no going for a run. Because there is work to be done! And people to help and my little routine seems incredibly luxurious in light of larger than life situations like the fires in Australia.
All that to say, I finding it difficult get my groove back. (Not for lack or trying!!) So I’m trying a new challenge that I found on Pinterest (I’ll give full credit when I can find the source!) Who knows if it will end in a better life or a new improved Lizzie, but I know that when I have something to focus on, something fun or challenging or inspiring, I find myself to be a better person just from the trying. The simple act of showing up for myself usually does the trick.
If you want to try this yourself, here’s the list:
- Start fresh every single day.
- Check credit card, statements, bank accounts and pay stubs regularly.
- Adopt a “meatless Monday” mentality or the like.
- Put down your phone when you’re with people.
- Try the 2/30 rule: 2 hours of TV = 30 minutes of exercise.
- Understand that exercise doesn’t have to be a big time commitment.
- Cut back on EVIL sugars.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t try to keep up with the Joneses, you’ll lose.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Ask HR about benefits you probably aren’t using.
- Safe sex, always!
- Never grocery shop on an empty stomach.
- Start biking.
- Keep healthy snacks at home, at work, in purse, etc.
- Stop beating yourself up.
- NEVER DO DRUGS, it’s that simple.
- Also never smoke.
- Take care of your clothes.
- Eat whole foods as much as possible.
- Consolidate and pay off debts ASAP!
- Don’t skip doctors appointments.
- Don’t overdo the booze.
- Don’t snack if you’re not hungry.
- Use SPF and wear a hat.
- Don’t rely on pills to help you sleep.
- Don’t rely on caffeine to keep you awake.
- Drink at least 8oz of fluids a day.
- Make your home a place you want to be.
- Don’t buy things you’ll only wear once.
- Use YouTube for free exercise videos.
- Google/Pinterest how to make your own cleaning supplies.
- Drop loose change into the same had daily.
- STAND UP FOR YOURSELF.
- Avoid tanning beds like the plague.
- Take medication seriously.
- Listen to your body.
- Don’t skimp on sleep.
- Do mental health checks.
- Read labels on everything from food to makeup.
- Prioritize stress management.
- Optimize your fertility – if you plan to have kids.
- Consider drinking liquid chlorophyll.
- Always wear a seatbelt, even in Taxis and Uber.
- Wash hands often.
- Floss after every brushing.
- Sneeze into your arm, not your palm.
- For every 20 minutes on the computer, look away for 20 seconds.
- Count to 10 when you’re angry.
- Learn to take constructive criticism.
- Never Google your health condition.
Some of these may be easy to accomplish. Others more challenging. But all are good things to consider. At the end of the day, it’s about learning how to love yourself and love where you are in life. When you don’t love something, figure out how to make the change.
For example, if you do not love where you live, change it.
Although buying and/or selling your home may seem like an impossibly stressful task, there are people who will help you along during the process, such as Erin E. King with Jax Historic Realty.
He says, “This website has been built with you in mind. From the highest quality property images to the most informative guides and blogs, he is here to make your home buying or selling experience smooth and stress-free.”
Erin is a Best of Zillow agent and has tons of experience with all things related to home buying and selling, so he can walk you through the process and make it easy, especially when it comes to homes for sale in Murray Hills, or other locations throughout the Jacksonville area.
If you want to join in, maybe pick one or two things that you’d like to try this month. As my friend Renita always says #babystepstogreatness
If you want to jump in head first, come along for the ride!!
Leave a Reply